Re: [AD] alsamidi fix

On Monday 03 May 2004 15:26, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Following a bug report on allegro.cc:
> http://www.allegro.cc/forums/view_thread.php?_id=356681&#target
> I made this very small patch. Can't test if it fixes the problem, since
> I don't have a working alsamidi, but it looks a lot like it might.

Didn't get round to testing this earlier, apparently, but I have now
(prompted by Chris' post about the play example). With current CVS, the
ALSA driver still tells me that

play: rawmidi.c:306: snd_rawmidi_open: Assertion `(inputp || outputp) &&
name' failed.
Shutting down Allegro due to signal #6
Aborted (core dumped)

unless I specify a config file. So it looks like some of the default
settings simply aren't good enough.

I'm assuming here that current CVS includes teh patch you posted, which it
looks like it does.
I'll dig around the ALSA driver source too.

Evert