Re: [AD] file.c # patch

Evert Glebbeek wrote:
I'm not sure about the first though: the current code treats midifile.mid in midi.dat#midifile.mid as a file name and midi.dat# as a path specifier. This doesn't actually sound at all unreasonable to be, although I never thought about using such a construction.

Well, I'll agree it's not at all unresaonable. However, it's rather important to reiterate that there's no other way to do this if you're replacing a filename that has a # character.

I personally think a datafile/object seperator should be the system seperator path. There's obviously not going to be a filename and directory with the same name so there's no risk of clashing, and datafiles are basically treated like directories.. plus it'd be helpful for development since all you'd have to do is move a directory and build a datafile to have the name of the old data directory, and the same code will work one the datafile as if it was a directory.

Though of course there'd be the problem of backwards compatibility.. however, for that we could keep the level of compatibility that my patch has, then just extend the packfile routines.

- Kitty Cat