Re: [AD] file.c # patch

> No, that's not what I meant. What I meant is, according to the code, if
> you called replace_filename with that file, it would replace only the
> midifile.mid portion, not midi.dat. Also, if you had "midi.dat#midi1"
> and called replace_extension, or something of the like, it would treat
> midi1 as an extension. The docs make no mention of this behavior.

Ok, I see.
I agree that the latter seems to be broken. I'm not sure about the first
though: the current code treats midifile.mid in midi.dat#midifile.mid as a
file name and midi.dat# as a path specifier. This doesn't actually sound
at all unreasonable to be, although I never thought about using such a
construction.
What do others think?

Evert