Re: [AD] minor fix

On Friday 02 July 2004 13:22, Henrik Stokseth wrote:
> There was. :-) I've put my pending patches on the SF tracker.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/
tracker/?func=detail&aid=983987&group_id=5665&atid=305665
> https://sourceforge.net/
tracker/?func=detail&aid=983985&group_id=5665&atid=305665

> Both are sufficiently tested. It can be committed to development branch
> right away but needs to be reviewed for API/ABI issues before it can be
put
> in a stable branch.

Applied to mainline. I'm not sure how to check for ABI compatibility
though... API-wise, things look ok.

What about the third patch on the tracker? The description is

> poll_joy() should read all events
>

> In src/linux/ljoy.c, the poll_joy() routine reads a
>  single event
>  when called, leaving maybe 60 events or so in the kernel
>  driver's queue, still to be read. The result is a long
>  lag after
>  the stick is released before the calling program can
>  tell that
>  the stick is at (0,0), when joy_poll() is called once
>  per video
>  frame. The attached patch makes joy_poll() read all
>  available events.

I'm personally undecided on wether this is a good thing or not. Any
thoughts?

Evert