Re: [AD] I\m back, with patches

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 12:03, allegrovp@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Not really build problems, but:
>
> - yield_timeslice: freezes the program on my machine - setting tv_usec
>   to zero (instead of 1) fixes the problem - I'm unsure why since I
>   also use select with a non zero timeout in my own game, and it just
>   works fine (stock 4.1.13 grabber and test freeze). This is probably
>   related to me using signals (rather than threads) and SIGVTALRM (rather
>   than SIGALRM), so I wouldn't worry too much about it if it works for
>   other people.

I was already thinking about making this a config option (whether
yield_timeslice actually drops CPU % or not - which in the unix case
would just be 1/0 for tv_usec).. just not sure yet if there should be
two functions in the system driver, or all drivers should adhere to a
global flag. But in any case, it shouldn't crash with the signals
version.. seems like there's some bug hidden somewhere. I just tried
compiling with --disable-pthreads (which also disables my nice new jack
driver :P) - and everything works (debian kernel 2.6.5).

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>