Re: [AD] ALSA and dmix - small fix

On May 17, 2004 02:32 pm, Julien Cugnière wrote:
> Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > Ok, I applied it.
>
> Very nice!
>
>  > Btw, do you also get unusually high CPU usage with the
> >
> > ALSA driver, like Tomas? For example, when playing a sample with
> > exsample, it should result in only a few % of CPU use.
>
> No such problem here. In fact, the CPU usage is 0.00%, with some rare
> "peaks" at 0.25% :-)
>
> This might be very dependent on the version of ALSA (I have 1.0.3b), and
> on the driver used, and it might not even be a bug in the allegro
> driver, so I fear this one will be hard to track down...

I think its an ALSA bug, or the fault of the hardware driver. With my second
ALSA 0.9/1.0 patch I had 0%ish usage. But Elias had high useage. Then he
applied a patch that fixed it for him, and now I have high usage, so it could
very well be my via82xx drivers reacting to some odd alsa mode that allegro
wants. (I also think that allegro isn't setting all the setting it should
be.. theres a ton of hw and sw settings that other code uses, that we
don't...)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx