Re: [AD] mouse callback

can i get some clarificatin on this:

Q. Does mouse_callback get called from a timer in an 'interupt' context, that is to say from another thread other than the main thread my app is running in ?

i ask this because i need to time the mouse button clicks in order to measure when a double click has occurred. How fast is this mouse timer running? Will i get accurate(-ish) calls to my mouse_callback func so i can time the double click speed.

If the mouse_callback is being called from another thread (other than the one my main app is running in) i would require multi-threading locks if i need to
call functions in my main thread...    do i need to do this?

AJ.

> What does mouse_needs_poll() return? I think you shouldn't call
> poll_mouse() unless it returns TRUE.

The predicate is actually mouse_needs_poll.

> Is there actually any mouse driver not supporting Allegro's asynchronous
> reads?

AFAIK, none.  Even the DOS mouse driver under NT is asynchronously polled
from a timer.

--
Eric Botcazou