Re: [AD] xwin color-conversion (testers wanted)

"Eric Botcazou" <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> X-Window visuals can be pretty much anything, so you can't assume anything
> be portable.  I suspect that the order is RGB on Sun workstations.  And we
> don't need to add anything, xwin.c is complete AFAIK; simply we can
> short-circuit it in the usual cases.

Well the usual case is definitely RGB->BGR on x86 architecture. All (!)
reports I have got now seems to confirm that. Still I have got something for
your friend with a Sun workstation. :-) Attached is a patch that should make
the xwin driver use the generic color conversion blitter for 15-32bits RGB
truecolor visuals. In other words those that I can be reasonably sure would
work properly.

> You can use misc/cmplog.pl to produce relative results.

Neat.

Sincerely Henrik Stokseth.