Re: [AD] xwin color-conversion (testers wanted)

"Henrik Stokseth" <hensto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well the usual case is definitely RGB->BGR on x86 architecture. All (!)
> reports I have got now seems to confirm that.

Sat up all night after I discovered how Allegro was able to set matching
mode on xwin driver. Aaaargh! I feel like slapping myself for not noticing
that before now. X-)

Worst thing of all, the makecol() trick doesn't seem like a hack, but rather
by design it's easy to tell Allegro to use BGR for all it's drawing. So now
you have asm color conversion in RGB and BGR modes with standard color
weight in depths 15,16,24 and 32.

Patch attached. I need to fix support for 8bit, do some cleaning up and
testing before I am happy with it.

Sincerely Henrik Stokseth.