Re: [AD] Allegro 4.1.14 WIP

Elias Pschernig wrote:
And then your mixer improvements - which could be quite a big change
from what we talked in IRC, if it's the route [remove DX, further
redesign internal mixing API and sound drivers, re-add DX functionality
and adjust all sound drivers to support the new mixing API and HW
voices] it will easily take until some time in the summer I guess :)

More than likely. However, redesigning the sound drivers and implementing HW voices can wait until after 4.2.0. Because remember, 4.2 won't have the same problem as 4.0 of having to maintain forward compatibility (I hope). After the DX mixer gets dropped (which I have a patch ready to test, btw) and my mixer changes are implemented, the rest of the changes will be internal. Sure there might be some new functions exposed/added, but nothing that would break backwards compatiblity. Redesigning the mixer further, modifying the sound drivers, and adding HW voices should be able to be done within the 4.2 and 4.3 branches concurrently.

- Kitty Cat