Re: [AD] Allegro 4.1.14 WIP

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 08:04, Chris wrote:
> Umm.. if I may ask, how come this release was so abrupt? AFAIK, there's
> still a few things waiting to be done, and a couple things that still
> haven't been commented on one way or the other. Wouldn't have been
> better to get more stuff out of the way to make 4.1.14 the last WIP
> before 4.2? Now it just seems, to me, that we're going to have to do
> another WIP to make sure some of the possible future changes don't break
> something.

4.1.14 was mentioned first on April 6 - the reason was OSX, its libs
only have binary compatibility from 4.1.14 on. So it's actually quite
late..

I see no problem with having 4.1.15 (and more releases) in order to fix
any issues which need to be done before 4.2.0. Of course it would be
nice if we could release it soon.

Is there any list of things which will be done before 4.2.0? I just read
through the todo.txt .. it has quite some things in it, some seem
outdated or not easy to fix though. And in any case, 4.1.x already has a
lot of improvements compared to 4.0.x.

And I remember, Bob said he wants to do some asm improvements before the
4.0.4 release.

And then your mixer improvements - which could be quite a big change
from what we talked in IRC, if it's the route [remove DX, further
redesign internal mixing API and sound drivers, re-add DX functionality
and adjust all sound drivers to support the new mixing API and HW
voices] it will easily take until some time in the summer I guess :)

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>