Re: [AD] mouse mickeys problem

Is there any reason why we don't use raw mouse input, under Windows?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/userinput/rawinput.asp

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

On Sunday 11 April 2004 16:05, Elias Pschernig wrote:

Use position_mouse to set the mouse to the middle of the screen
continuously. That way, you can even use mouse_x, mouse_y to get
mickeys. Of course, you need to track the cursor position and draw it
yourself in that case. And it works better in fullscreen than in
windowed mode.

Note that doing this doesn't work if you try to run the program through Wine (useful if you're in Linux and people insist on releasing only Windows binaries): the mouse cursor stays fixed very close to the screen centre and you can't use the mouse at all. So I would generally recommend against this. It's basically a dirty hack that may cause other problems later on.

Evert