Re: [AD] static link

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 22:26, Jon Rafkind wrote:
> I am trying to statically link a program with allegro, but am having
> trouble. Here is the compile line:
>
> gcc prog.c -o prog -static `allegro-config --static`
>
> allegro version 4.1.13. this compiles, but when I run it, it aborts as
> soon as allegro_init() is called. When -g3 -ggdb is added to the compile
> line and run in gdb, here is the backtrace:
>
> Starting program:
> /home/kazzmir/archives/libs/allegro/allegro-4.1.13/examples/ex12bit
>
> Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
> 0x08123f58 in sigsuspend ()
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x08123f58 in sigsuspend ()
> #1  0x080b3d78 in __pthread_wait_for_restart_signal ()
> #2  0x080b371e in pthread_create ()
> #3  0x08092e54 in bg_man_pthreads_init ()
> #4  0x081fbec4 in max_func ()
> (gdb)
>
> I was quite sure I had got this to work some time ago, but forget how I
> did it. I dont know where to begin debugging this, anyone have any ideas?

This doesn't seem to be the actual problem. Something seems to be
sending a SIG32 signal, and your version of gdb stops when it sees the
SIG32 signal. Just type "c", and gdb should continue execution. Or type:

handle SIG32 nostop

at the gdb prompt (or something similiar, I forgot), before running your
program.

What happens if you run the program outside of gdb? I assume, it won't
stop because of SIG32 in that case. Also google for SIG32 - it seems to
be a bug in certain versions of gdb.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>