Re: [AD] Callback functionality for audiostreams

> > I think it's a much better idea to add the callback you need to
> > AllegroMP3, AllegroOGG and alogg. (Side-note: there are two
> > distinct libraries, one called AllegroOGG and one called alogg.)
> > Allegro shouldn't be working around bad design* in libraries
> > that are on top of it.
>
> Yes, this is my position too.  You cannot ask Allegro to provide
> callbacks  for libraries that are built on top of it.

I see where you're coming from, but my defense would be:
* it's a clean patch, doesn't change any existing functionality and only
adds a few lines of code - no bloat.
* lack of a callback is not really a defect in alogg/almp3, since 99% of the
time one is not needed. The proposed change allows the programmer to easily
alter all stream-based digital sound output from the game in one easy
location. This would automatically work with all sound decoders that use
audiostreams, rather than having to patch the functionality into each one.

Still, I understand it's your choice. Thanks for listening.
Cheers
chris