Re: [AD] MSVC problem with dat2c generated files

Quoting Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> The compiler switch for MSVC6 would be a good news, because I think that
> fixing properly the problem without it would not be pretty.

The first error message recieved was:
"fatal error C1076: compiler limit : internal heap
limit reached; use /Zm to specify a higher limit"
When using /Zm800 he gets:
"fatal error C1091: compiler limit: string exceeds 65535 bytes in length"
Unfortunately there seems to be no way out of that (using MSVC 6). We don't get
any clues niether from the msdn site nor the on-line help.

aj, can you confirm about the 64k limit is gone in 7.1 (i.e. "i think 7.1
doesn't need the compiler switch" -> "i know...")? Is there some suitable
version macros defined for MSVC?

Or should we drop the whole thing? Obviously dat2c is not very commonly used
(but on the other hand, this is maybe because it exists only in the unstable
branch).

For the moment I have solved this for my own purposes by a workaround (i.e. not
using dat2c at all in case of MSVC).

Christer