Re: [AD] GIF patent / support

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 19:56, Omar Cornut wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Congratulation on the new release!
>
> GIF patent has expired in USA on 2003/06/23, and has expired
> or is going to expire in other country within the year.
> (Canada may be the latest, I am not sure, on 2004/07/07).

There's various gif addons floating around already, but since gif is an
animation format, they all differ a bit. I've got one here which returns
its own GIF_ANIMATION struct, which includes a series of GIF_FRAME
structs. (And all the file format *addons* are addons.. so the official
Allegro distribution isn't affected by them.)

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>