[AD] GIF patent / support

Hello,

Congratulation on the new release!

GIF patent has expired in USA on 2003/06/23, and has expired
or is going to expire in other country within the year.
(Canada may be the latest, I am not sure, on 2004/07/07).

See:
  http://lpf.ai.mit.edu/Patents/Gif/Gif.html
  http://www.unisys.com/about__unisys/lzw

Can Allegro handle the addition of a GIF library by default,
right now ? Perhaps under various condition depending on the
user/country, or it is too complicated to handle ?

In any case, upon verification, it should be safe to add it
on a release after 2004/07/07, but I wouldn't mind an earlier
addition if possible.

Omar