Re: [AD] aRts "pure virtual function call"

Selon Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> This stuff is really getting annoying... here's what I get on shutdown:
> warning: leaving MCOP Dispatcher and still 4 object references alive.
>   - Arts::FlowSystemSender
>   - Arts::ByteSoundProducerV2
> warning: leaving MCOP Dispatcher and still 60 types alive.
> warning: leaving MCOP Dispatcher and still 6 data packets alive.
>
> So it appears that, on my box, calling arts_close_stream is needed in order
> to properly shut down aRts.  And I have never experienced the crash.
>
> My aRts version is 0.9.5.  What is yours?

I have version 1.1.4. That's probably why.

If I code a small C program with only artsc to reproduce the problem then I can
get these warnings too (I think I mentioned them before), but when using
allegro, I don't get to see them (don't know where they go...).

So, AFAICS, we can either:
1. use the first solution I proposed, which works for me but messes even more
with atexit.
2. not call arts_close_stream and consider the warnings are only that: warnings.

I'll see if I can try versions 1.1.5 and 1.2 of aRts too.

--
Julien Cugnière