Re: [AD] aRts pure virtual function call

On February 7, 2004 08:28 am, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 15:12, jcugniere@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Hey, I don't particularly like aRts either :-) But what alternative is
> > there if you want to play more than one sound at once ? As far as I know,
> > ALSA doesn't do software mixing, and only supports hardware mixing for a
> > few cards...
>
> I'm wondering the same for a long time. For me it's even worse than aRts
> - I'm using ESD. Alsa and Jack actually say they can support SW mixing -
> but I never could get any of them working.

I managed to almost get alsa's DMIX plugin working, but it didn't play nice
with my VIA sound card, or the allegro driver I was writting. sadly. I think
I was able to get "normal" things to use the dmix device... Look it up, you
might be able to use it for software mixing. (that is what its for :o)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx