Re: [AD] aRts "pure virtual function call"

> I really had it declared as "int _module_dont_unload_me_dirty_hack = -1;"
> in arts.c.

OK.

> But I wasn't thinking straight when I did the tests and screwed some. When
> calling allegro_exit() explicitely, there is no crash at all. But that
> still means the arts driver is not affected by the svgalib problem :)

Yes, probably because the aRts server is still alive after the module has
been unloaded.

> Using the arts C API, no way that I know of. And for all we know, when
> arts has been shut down, the stream has already been closed and its memory
> freed, so you can't do anything with the stream pointer.

So arts_free() is intended to do the cleanup work in any cases?  Then we can
probably avoid calling arts_close_stream() as you proposed in your previous
message.

--
Eric Botcazou