Re: [AD] allegro an remote apps

On 2004-01-30, Luiz Rafael Culik Guimaraes <culikr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i has an app linked with allegro and i need to use thís app for remote
> conections via ssh
>
> How to configure the app to show properly on client ( client is putty, on
> test say that display has gone to VT7)

Looks like the remote app is seing that there is no graphic environment
so it tries to launch something like svgalib, which is not networked.

The only way I can think of is using the X11 driver with the X
architecture. Configure your ssh connection to forward X11 connections
and set up a X11 server on your client. I have been able to do this with
Cygwin's XFree server under Windows. Not sure how that would work with
putty.