[AD] How to set the mask color

Hello,

I am using the Allegro graphics package.

The code I am using interfaces with old EGA graphics ( a must for existing products)

My problem is, that when I use those images on a new product VESA 2.0 standard, 16bit 640x480 mode,
I cannot select the mask background color, which for these images is rgb(0,0,0).

Is there a way to set the mask color from the pink back to the rgb(0,0,0)? without changing the modes from 16 bit back to 8 bit?

Have a Great Day,
W. Scott Faso