Re: [AD] clipping line algorithm

Le samedi, 4 oct 2003, à 08:00 Europe/Paris, Matthew Smith a écrit :

line() is currently not accelerated on any port, except if it is actually
hline() or vline().

I've used it on the PSX port :o) Will it break anything?

The GTE chip on the PSX is so much faster than the main CPU that I've used
it for hline and vline too.

What did strike me as 'missing' from the vtable were gouraud_hline and
[a|p]tex_hline

IMO, we should add the polygon3d() method to the vtable instead of its scanline methods counterpart. Most of the 3D accelerated API I know of (OpenGL, DirectX, Glide, ...) never refer to scanlines. They can draw a whole lit/tex/gouraud polygon with (almost) one call to their API. Using a scanline scheme with those APIs would just be a waste of the powerhorse of the gfx card as well as a waste of CPU cycles.

Just my opinion however :)

	Bertrand.