Re: [AD] allegro on Solaris

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 06:24:49 +0200
Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Allegro 4.0.3 is known to work on some SPARC/Solaris machines with
> 24-bit desktop depth. I don't think it has been tested with 8-bit. The
> current CVS version doesn't have any additional fixes for these
> machines.

I will try with allegro-4.0.3 soon.

> Do you mean that the screen is very dark but not entirely black? So
> you can see something on the screen?

Yes, the screen turns very dark, but the everything is still visible.
White turns completely black, but the buttons on the screen that are
blue become very dark blue and red turns very dark red. Palette being
flipped?

> > Is this a known issue? I have no idea how to fix it,. but you could
> > give me hints and I can try them later.
>
> The first thing to try is the various programs that are bundled with
> Allegro. Do they exhibit the same behaviour? If so, Allegro probably
> makes some assumptions in its code that break on SPARC/Solaris. I'm
> willing to correct them as soon as possible.

I remember trying the fire demo and the same thing happened there, but I
havent tried all the examples. I will do that tommorow, but Im quite
sure the same problem will occur.

later--,
jon