RE: [AD] legal stuff: patents

> How do you do that? Let Eric do it? Who represents Allegro? In fact,
> given that Allegro is public domain, does it have to be protected
> at all?

A patent is a limited time monopoly granted by the state (or a
multinational body) to an inventor. If someone else gives away
a work for free that infringes on the patent, that is going to
effectively render the patent useless. Not sure what a court
would do with that though.
In any case, I'm not sure if there could be any such thing as an
official Allegro vote. Better for people to vote for themselves,
and add "maintainer of ..." as, hmmm, credentials :)

--
Vincent Penquerc'h