Re: [AD] ALSA 0.9 Patch

Ok, problem fixed.

I've also been trying to get this driver t play nicely with "dmix",
which is alsa's software mixer (like DSound I guess).

Unfortunetly I can't figure it out. Though, It works fine if you
configure alsa to make all of its OSS devices use dmix. then all apps
including XMMS, Allegro, whatever will be able to play
simultaneously. (I had two allegro progs and XMMS playing at once
with ALSA's OSS emulation+dmix)

I hope to get the ALSA driver working with dmix soon, but I don't see
that hapening :( even the "aplay" program (alsa's demo player) has
the same problem. It just locks up on open, even though NONBLOCK is
set.

So, I'll have another patch ready soon with the working code ;)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx