[AD] OSX Notes, Take 34

Hi again,

I was wondering if the poll_mouse() method is required under OSX?  I
found that the mouse click detection under OSX has been highly
unreliable without calling poll_mouse() once per frame (sometimes,
without it I get no mouse presses at all).

Also, I've had a number of strange and untraceable crashes while using
Allegro/OSX.  There was a problem with the file routines that I
couldn't sort out (and neither could the people in the IRC room), but
which abated when I switched to normal fopen's/fwrite's -- the file I
wrote out (around 200k) was truncated by around 2000 bytes.  When I
wrote the file all the allegro packfile routines stated there was no
error (I'm anal about checking error codes), but when I read the same
file back in the file was missing information.  As I said, when I
switched to the normal file routines the problem magically disappeared.
 Unfortunately, the code which provided this bug is now gone, or I'd
have attached it.

Which brings me to my current issue: the floodfill() command.  It seems
to like to hang things so badly that even alt-control-end on the mac
doesn't crash the program back out -- I have to kill the terminal
window I was using to open it instead.  GDB doesn't seem to have any
idea where it's locking, or I don't know the proper commands to get
useful info out of it...  I was hoping someone could take a look for
me?  It's at
http://ministryofdoom.org/cloud/files/odaijini-20030626.tgz.
Untar/gzip and run make, then run 'touchup'.  Press the F key, press
down a few times to change the color of the mouse, then try to fill the
area.  Watch how it locks.

I hesitate to say this is an allegro bug because in my experience even
the WIP allegro releases have been very stable, but I can't find the
problem in my code to the best of my abilities, including console /
text file logging and GDB.  It seems like, somehow, the floodfill
command is overwriting the clip area of the bitmap, althought I can't
prove that.

Thanks in advance for any help,
- Charles