Re: [AD] More OSX Allegro Notes

On June 3, 2003 02:34 am, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > Remember the OSX support is not yet official. I think it'll officially be
> > only in 4.2, but here the final word is to be said by our master Eric.
>
> Here's the voice of the master then :-)
>
> I think we can start to plan a release date for 4.2.0 (maybe the end of the
> year) and think about what is to be done in the meantime. For example:
> - synchronization: this is a hard problem and I'm not sure that it is
> solvable at all, but we could really try.
> - ALSA 0.9.x: what is the status of this driver?

Hmmm... Well, I'm bored.. And have nothing else to do ;) The midi driver
should be in working order, but I can't really test it. No rawmidi device
anymore, and the one I did have... well Its fried. :( And the pcm driver
should be easy enough.

Any thoughts to config variable names? ALSA 9 changes a few things in
comparison to ALSA 5. Like the devices are "[plug]hw:0,1" instead of two
integer parameters to the init functions... I can forget about the 5x vars in
the 9x code, or I can use the 5x vars as referece if no 9x var exists..

Time frame? When its done :P (maybe today, maybe next week... ;)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx