Re: [AD] More OSX Allegro Notes

> Remember the OSX support is not yet official. I think it'll officially be
> only in 4.2, but here the final word is to be said by our master Eric.

Here's the voice of the master then :-)

I think we can start to plan a release date for 4.2.0 (maybe the end of the
year) and think about what is to be done in the meantime. For example:
- synchronization: this is a hard problem and I'm not sure that it is
solvable at all, but we could really try.
- ALSA 0.9.x: what is the status of this driver?

> I somehow doubt we'll get *great* coverage if we don't have an official
> version or at least a WIP to show them (and not require them to checkout
> CVS!).

I think we're almost ready for 4.1.10 WIP but there is a couple of remaining
tasks:
- definitely resolve the rand() et al. related problems,
- merge Henrik's C++ example and try to make it compile with as many
compilers as possible.

I'm on item #2.

--
Eric Botcazou