Re: [AD] MIDI player missing sustain

On June 14, 2003 01:07 pm, Chris Jones wrote:
> > if you want to add it, try just passing every MIDI command which
> > gets read in in process_midi_event directly to the raw_midi driver.
>
> Thanks for that, it works. Could we add this as a patch into allegro,
> because I can't see it breaking anything:
>
> midi.c, line 688 (end of process_controller):
>           break;
> +      default:
> +        if (midi_driver->raw_midi) {
> +         midi_driver->raw_midi(0xB0+channel);
> +         midi_driver->raw_midi(ctrl);
> +         midi_driver->raw_midi(data);
> +        }
>     }
>
> and it means that allegro supports the full range of controller events such
> as sustain and so forth.

:o so now that my card with midi on it its borked... :( for some reason the
ALSA9 drivers refuse to work correctly with my SBLive! Value. I've even
talked to the ALSA devs but, I guess its a problem with my card, even though
it was fine with ALSA5. Maybe I'll cheat and tie timidity to a rawmidi port
;) and use that instead.. but the timidity patches suck so bad, at least
compared to even the 8MB Creative soundfont.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx