Re: [AD] Allegro 4.2 todos

Charles Wardlaw wrote:
[snip]
I'm assuming that you're talking about the ability to have openGL calls
used transparently for Allegro 3D functions?

The Alegro 3D functions don't map very nicely to OpenGL (or D3D for that matter). It is possible to do the mapping, but it won't be nice. The work would also be lost as we move towards 5.0.

Why is this too late? Since openGL is mostly similar across platforms it would mostly be an
issue of writing an install_3d() function, which would only set up
function pointers:

That's not a really good idea; 3d is strongly tied to the graphics driver, so install_3d() would need to be called before set_gfx_mode(), and after install_allegro_gl() (assuming AGL is being used).

--
- Robert Jr Ohannessian
http://bob.allegronetwork.com/