Re: [AD] d_ctext_proc

> I think the main problem is about users getting a program using
> d_ctext_proc and built using allegro < 4.1.10, and getting a program
> that doesn't quite work.

But since the 4.1 branch is labeled `unstable', doesn't this imply that it
shouldn't be used for official releases? In other words, isn't the programmer
who distributes a program that requires an unstable version of Allegro at
fault?
Note that the problem could also happen in quite a different way, since ABI
compatibility isn't guarenteed for the development branches.

That said, a note in the docs to that effect (releasing a binary that requires
an unstabel version of the library is unwise) could be helpful. I'll see about
writing something later today or tomorrow.

Evert