Re: [AD] C draw_trans_sprite() again

> Humm, before updating the docs, I want to be sure of the right behaviour.
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently we have this situation:
>
> - if using a 8bpp source bitmap, draw_trans_sprite() will NOT skip color
> 0; instead it'll use the color map to draw pixels of that color, as any
> other index.
>
> - If using source sprites of other color depths, draw_trans_sprite() will
> skip transparent pixels.
>
> - RLE and LIT sprites will always skip transparent pixels on any color
> depth.

That's it, I think. You only need to add a blurb for draw_trans_sprite() and
8-bit sources.

> As far as I can tell, the asm routines behave the same way.

Yes, I think so.

> But is this correct?

I guess it depends upon the definition of 'correctness' :-) But there is
obviously a twist somewhere...

> Shouldn't we make the 8bpp draw_trans_sprite() to skip color 0 as
> it should (in both the C and asm versions), and modify extrans
> accordingly?

Not without understanding the current situation and having the beginning of
an explanation. We should first document and think about it only afterwards.

--
Eric Botcazou