Re: [AD] exunicod and endianess

> I was actually wondering about this -- why the choice of UTF-16 at all,
> when UTF-8 would solve all endian issues?  It's parsed char by char,
> and chars above the normal ascii set are "escaped."  It just seems, to
> me, that a system running on both big and little endian systems would
> choose UTF-8.

We (Shawn probably) actually didn't choose any preferred encoding format in
Allegro 4 so we support ASCII 7-bit, ASCII 8-bit, UTF-8 and UTF-16 native
(the latter is obviously broken, but still). But I agree that UTF-8 is the
most convenient one and it was decided that Allegro 5 will be UTF-8 only.

--
Eric Botcazou