Re: [AD] Relative paths in the grabber

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 03:00:25AM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> I eventually settled for 'make' and also decided to add
> is_relative_filename() to the API. Patch attached, as well as a little test
> to exercise it.

Nice!

> Evert, as the functions will be in the library, I stripped the non strictly
> necessary parts so as to make them as much orthogonal to the other functions
> as possible. Of course the grabber will have to combine several of these to
> be robust.

Ok, I'll rewrite the grabber code to use the new functions. While I'm at it,
shall I write the documentation for these functions, or do you prefer to do
that?

> And I think I found a bug in your algorithm, for example for
>
> 	path1 = /home/eric/
> 	path2 = /home/eric/src/test.c
>
> the result will lack the leading './'.

Ok, I'll investigate when I get home and see about correcting that. It
shouldn't affect the functionality of the grabber, but it'd be nicer to be
consistent. Perhaps we could do without the ./ anyway?
I'll post a patch this evening (or maybe tomorrow morning).

Evert