Re: [AD] MacOS X Allegro

On Saturday 17 May 2003 9:34 am, Angelo Mottola wrote:
> - Mouse driver (it always report 3 buttons though for testing - how should
> I deal with 1-button mice so common under Macs?)

I'd say tell the truth and return 1. If a program breaks because it assumes at
least two buttons, then that's the programmer's fault. (The alternative would
be to report two buttons and have the button activate both when pressed, but
that would have some evil side-effects; programs might detect the right
button first, when the left button is the most useful.)

We could add a note about this in the install_mouse() docs, or in the
cross-platform compatibility sections, or both ...

Ben