Re: [AD] MacOS X Allegro

On 2003-05-17, Ben Davis <bnd25@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Saturday 17 May 2003 9:34 am, Angelo Mottola wrote:
> > - Mouse driver (it always report 3 buttons though for testing - how should
> > I deal with 1-button mice so common under Macs?)
>
> I'd say tell the truth and return 1. If a program breaks because it assumes at
> least two buttons, then that's the programmer's fault.

Right, but it's a reasonable assumption, considering what Allegro
supports thus far.  Practically speaking, Mac users will likely want to
try existing Allegro programs with as little fuss as possible.

> We could add a note about this in the install_mouse() docs, or in the
> cross-platform compatibility sections, or both ...

Or add in some emulation feature, in the spirit of "emulate_three"
(disabled by default).  Some modifier key + the mouse button pressed
simultaneously would trigger the emulation.  Mac people ought to be used
to that..

Lillo, sounds like some nice work!

--
王浩禎