Re: [AD] fourth mouse button under windows

> I'm not too sure: I think we should not introduce semi-useful features if
> portability is at stake. But I may be too conservative...
>
> What about a little poll?

I don't care for mice with more than three buttons. I hardly ever use the
middle one as it is (and I don't have a scroll wheel). I'm not sure it's
worth the hassle for Allegro 4, though I think Allegro could support an
arbitrary number of mouse buttons similar to the way it does with joystick
buttons.
However, if we did that, I think the responsibility of deciding what to do
if less buttons are available shifts to the user.

If we start adding support for a fourth button, there is no reason not to
support a fifth or a sixth or seventh or... and that's not something I think
we want to tackle with Allegro 4's way of detecting mouse buttons.

Just MHO, of course. :)

Evert