Re: [AD] fourth mouse button under windows

On 2003-05-20, Hein Zelle <hein@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Eric Botcazou wrote:
>
> > > I think we should leave those concerns to Allegro's users.
> >
> > I'm not too sure: I think we should not introduce semi-useful features if
> > portability is at stake. But I may be too conservative...

I don't think this falls under portability.  It's more like joystick
buttons: we tell the Allegro-user how many buttons are available, and
it's up to him what he does with it.

The situation is a little different because of `emulate_three', but I
take a simple view of that: Shawn added it because it was easy to, and
he thought it would be helpful to someone, somewhere.  I wouldn't read
too much into it, nor would I add an `emulate_four'.

> I understood Peter's remark as: "I think we should leave it to
> allegro's users to implement portable ways of checking for 1, 2, 3, 4,
> n mousebuttons."

That's not what I meant.

> Which would mean that allegro can just provide
> support for n buttons, but you have to check yourself if they're
> actually there.

*That's* what I meant. :-)

--
王浩禎