Re: [AD] fixed and float

Eric Botcazou wrote:
They won't take me long to write so I could easily submit them. In fact,
I'm already using a variation of a fixed-point version of hsv_to_rgb() in
a program I'm working on. Another idea I had for the naming would be to
depreciate "hsv_to_rgb()" to "hsv_2_rgb_f()" and create a new fixed-point
"hsv_2_rgb()".

I'm still unconvinced but I don't have a strong opinion on it. Anyone else?

Might be useful on platforms that don't have FPUs.

I tend to use the HSV stuff to compute two colors, then interpolate in between them. Since the computation is done only once, there's no real point in saving those float->int conversion. IMHO, of course :)

--
- Robert Jr Ohannessian
http://bob.allegronetwork.com/