Re: [AD] fixed and float (was: RE: [AD] Faster hsv_to_rgb())

At 02:25 PM 22/05/2003 +0200, you wrote:
> They won't take me long to write so I could easily submit them. In fact,
> I'm already using a variation of a fixed-point version of hsv_to_rgb() in
> a program I'm working on. Another idea I had for the naming would be to
> depreciate "hsv_to_rgb()" to "hsv_2_rgb_f()" and create a new fixed-point
> "hsv_2_rgb()".

I'm still unconvinced but I don't have a strong opinion on it. Anyone else?

i have a strong opinion ;)       here it goes,,,,,

if faster code can be included, but its so difficult to understand and will only give an extra 5% speed improvement on limited number of platforms, then i say NO, part of the reason allegro is good is not that its the fastest product around, but that its about community and learning..... and its VITAL to make code understandable..... there is more at stake then just a 5% speed improvement..... its about furthering the knowledge of *anyone*.
</end rant>

AJ.