Re: [AD] MacOS X port in CVS

> - I wasn't able to create the obj/macosx/alleg, obj/macosx/alld and
> obj/macosx/allp directories; when trying to commit (after successfully
> adding) tmpfile.txt to these directories to create them, I get the error:
>
> cvs server: failed to create lock directory for
> `/cvsroot/alleg/allegro/obj/macosx/alld'
> (/cvsroot/alleg/allegro/obj/macosx/alld/#cvs.lock): No such file or
> directory
> cvs server: lock failed - giving up
> cvs [server aborted]: lock failed - giving up

Now done. Note that there is no tmpfile.txt in the obj/ subdirectories
because they get makefile.dep at release time.

> - I noticed there's no "Attic/" directory created under the new port
> directories (seen from the SF CVS browser)... What is that for, and is it
> ok not to have it?

It's ok. The Attic is basically there to store files that have been removed.

> - The demo program claims it can't find the readme.txt file in the bottom
> scroller. I haven't investigated it, but IIRC it never happened before in
> other ports... Does it happen under other OSes as well?

readme.txt is now generated by 'make docs' and doesn't exist in the CVS
repository any longer.

Btw, could you take a look at bug #704903 on SF's tracker, related to the
Darwin-only port? What do you think about it?

--
Eric Botcazou