Re: [AD] allegro 4.1.9 source rpm fixes

On Sat, 2003-04-05 at 05:27, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> Oh! yes, an outdated entry. However, should we not mention the content of
> docs/src/makedoc/ instead?

I'm not sure what you mean, can you clarify?

> > - prevent building of useless debuginfo package on RedHat 9
> > - fixed source rpm rebuilding for RedHat 9
>
> What are exactly the problems under RedHat 9?

RedHat 9 includes a newer version of RPM that is "strict" about how
packages are done. Notably, it fails to rebuild packages whenever the
resulting package would install files on a user's system that you
haven't listed in the package which means later when the user removed
the package they may not be removed, or conflicts could be caused by
another package overwriting those files.

> > Any feedback is appreciated and welcome, especially regarding the
> > makedoc change I made. These changes were necessary to rebuild the
> > source rpm under RedHat 9.
>
> The spec file was recently modified by a SuSe guy so the 4.1.9 version is now
> a bit outdated. Could you apply your changes to the current CVS version (you
> can download it from the following address, it's rev 1.39):
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/alleg/allegro/misc/allegro.spec?only_with_tag=MAIN
>
> And post a patch rather than the whole file (diff -u file.old file.new), this
> saves bandwidth.

Sure, I'll get that file later today, and make any necessary changes and
then post a patch here. I wasn't sure whether I should post a patch or
not, I figured a gzipped .spec file was pretty small though ;)

> Thanks in advance.

No problem!

--
EvilTypeGuy <eviltypeguy@xxxxxxxxxx>