Re: [AD] DirectDraw - create_sub_bitmap() or save_bitmap() faulty ?

> I just tried downloading and compiling 4.0.3 and it works.
Good to hear :-)

> It's a valid pointer (non zero).
> 'w' and 'h' fields are correct, at least.
> What more may you want to know ?

A reproducible method to trigger the crash and some infos on your system.
I don't see it on Win98SE, either in optimized mode or in debug mode, with
the attached testcase. Does it crash on your system?

I'm using WIN98 SE, French version (Allegro says version 4.10).
Both your example and Johnny's ones crash on the call to save_pcx().

Sorry, I replied too quickly.
Added some information. I'm unsure if they are of any use however.

System information:
        Pentium 2-350 Mhz / 256 mb RAM / Win98 SE french

DirectX informations:
        ddraw.dll       4.09.0000.0900
        ddraw16.dll     4.07.0000.0700
        ddrawex.dll     4.87.0000.0700