Re: [AD] asmcapa.h failed to build

> it looks like 'make' crashes when trying to build the asmcapa.h  file
> i read some old mail from the archives, Eric suggested  'make depend'
> i tried it and it did its thing, but did not create the asmcapa.h file

"make depend" is needed to instruct the subsequent call to "make" to create
asmcapa.h, but only for bare CVS trees. Releases and CVS snapshots don't
require you to run "make depend".

> i then read some other mail from archives, and found if i run  'make
> mmxtest' it builded it for me.
>
> Q.  why does it not automatically build this file ?

It should. There is an explicit dependency on it for src/poly3d.c and many
other files.

> Q.  why do i need to run  'make mmxtest' seperately ?

Probably because you run DJGPP on Win2k and there is a glitch somewhere.

> Q.  why is this not documented in FAQ ?

Because we don't support Allegro/DJGPP on Win2k.

--
Eric Botcazou