Re: [AD] Palettizing truecolor/hicolor image in datafiles

> Now the question is: do we want to change the datafile format as this point?

Not for the 4.0 branch, certainly.
For the 4.1 branch this could be ok, but some users may mix the 4.1 and 4.0
versions in the development of their projects.
This could give problems if the datafile format written by the 4.1 branch is
different from that written by the 4.0 branch (I have no similar concerns
between the 4.0 branch and the future 4.2 branch).
One solution could be to provide a utility that can convert datafiles in the
new format to the old format.

Just MHO, of course

Evert