Re: [AD] docs/build/mingw32.txt

> Here's the proposed patch to mingw32.txt against the most recent CVS
> version, to make the cross compilation instructions up-to-date. I
> would appreciate it if Eric and Elias read it at least, I may have
> forgotten things.

[Use cvs diff -u to generate patches, it's more human-readable]

Looks fine except the following nits:

>    1) Download and install the MingW32 cross-compiler. You can get the
>       software
>       - directly from the MingW site:
>         http://unc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/mingw

Would it not be safer to refer to the front-page of the MinGW project
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/) and specify which source packages
need to be downloaded and built?

>    4) Run './fix.sh mingw32 --dtou' (--dtou is only needed if your
>       Allegro directory has text files in DOS format, otherwise you
>       can use --quick).  If you are using a CVS version of Allegro,
>       run 'make depend' to generate missing header files, then run
>       misc/fixdll.sh to generate the allegro.def file. You are now
>       finished with all the preparations.

'make depend' doesn't generate header files, but makefile.dep files which
record build dependencies.

>    6) To build the documentation, use the native build process.

We ought to eventually get rid of this limitation for the 4.1.x series, by
using a trick similar to what the 4.0.x series uses.

--
Eric Botcazou