Re: [AD] Component ordering and mixing color depths

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
IIRC Allegro uses the same byte ordering the video card is
using

No it doesn't, and this is my problem. No 32-bit screen mode was ever selected, only a 16-bpp one. So Allegro uses some default RGB ordering for 32-bpp bitmaps created.

I also can't count on this default remaining constant if user program set a 32-bpp mode, load their 32-bpp sprites, then set a 16-bpp mode and try to draw them using my blender.

--
- Robert Jr Ohannessian
http://bob.allegronetwork.com/