Re: [AD] Component ordering and mixing color depths

> Component ordering would affect all 32-bpp bitmaps, regardless of them
> having a useful alpha channel or not...

That's precisely what I was arguing for...

> If you are using a 32-bpp overlay, then bmp_color_depth(screen) == 32, no?

No, I can use 32-bpp overlays with bmp_color_depth(screen) == 15 on my ATI
card.

> You know, I think this is all a big misunderstanding and that we are
> really arguing about two different things...

I think you're right and that I misinterpreted your sentence "Should Allegro
set up the component shifts in such a way that the RGBA components are in the
same order for all color depths?"

I thought you were pushing for an arbitrarily fixed RGBA layout... it's not
the case, is it ?

--
Eric Botcazou