Re: [AD] Allegro 4.1.6/Allegro 4.0.3

> Just a quick question, related to the close-button behavior under 4.0.x. Is
> there a way to make it less broken without breaking the 4.0 API?

I don't think so. The problem is not really the API, but the mere behaviour of
the default close button.

> On an aside, code written for 4.0 that uses the old close button functions
> can't compile on 4.1.x since the functions are no longer there.
> Are there plans for backward compatibility #defines (that do nothing), or
> perhaps a forward compatibility #define to allow programs written for 4.1
> to compile with 4.0.3?

I don't like the forward compatibility #define at all. But I guess we could
revive the old API in the 4.1.6 WIP:

#define set_window_close_button()

#define set_window_close_hook set_close_button_callback

so that the following lines would still work as expected:

   set_window_close_button(TRUE);
   set_window_close_hook(my_callback);

--
Eric Botcazou